As a Software Engineer at Google Inc. in Mountain View, USA, I develop solutions for privacy and security in complex distributed systems.
Prior to joining Google, I was a Postdoctoral Researcher and Lecturer at the University of Paderborn, Germany, where I worked on logic and knowledge-based systems. Besides challenging theory, this included also efficient programming and applications in verification, in particular model checking. Another focus was machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) in general.
I finished my PhD in computer science in 2009 at the University of Paderborn with highest distinction "summa cum laude" and have been a fellow of the International Graduate School "Dynamic Intelligent Systems" established by the German state of North Rhine-Westphalia. I have also studied two years in the US and graduated with a Master of Science in computer science from San Diego State University with a perfect 4.0 GPA.
Throughout my bachelor and master studies, I have been distinguished with a fellowship from the German National Merit Foundation. I have also received awards and prizes in national and international computer science competitions. In particular, I have been a member of the German national team at the International Olympiad in Informatics IOI 1996 and the Central European Olympiad in Informatics CEOI 1997 and won a bronze medal at the latter.
- IT Consulting on Data Mining and Knowledge Management (Spring 2012)
- Program Committee member of the international conferences SAT 2012 and SAT 2013 (Theory and Applications of Satisfiability Testing) in Trento, Italy, and Helsinki, Finland
- Judge at the international research competitions QBFEVAL 2010 and 2012
- Co-organizer of the international conference SAT 2008 in Guangzhou, China
- Member of the state examination board in North Rhine-Westphalia for teacher candidates in computer science (2009 - 2013)
- Treasurer and member of the steering committee in the OWL regional division of the German National Merit Foundation Alumni Association (2011 - 2013)
Further information can be found in my XING Profile (in German).